Friday, September 2, 2016

Five for Friday September 2

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. Thank you for hosting, Kacey! HOW is it September? 


       
I use my  Character Education Prezi a LOT in the beginning of the school year.  I added some fun clean up songs, so I can have them handy whenever we need to clean up- AKA always.   

I got carried away found lots of songs I loved, so I added all of them for variety- so we can choose a different one each day.


And then, I decided to add a "Be Kind Friends" section to the Prezi- because we always in case we need reminders. 

 THEN- I found some relaxing guitar music that I liked- and thought there may be days I would need that playing peacefully in the background as the children worked, so I added that.  Basically, what I'm saying is that I redid the Prezi.  It's free at my TPT store if you would like a copy of it.  I leave it up all the time- and we visit and revisit videos all the time for reminders.  



                                                                
PB Works Collaborative Learning Site is an awesome site where people have shared online activities to go with each Common Core Standard.   Here is a sample of what the Kindergarten Math Page looks like:
The Web Tools each go to a site that goes with the standard.   It has a lot of web tools for K-3rd grade. I wanted to share it with you if you haven't seen it yet!
We get right into Writer's Workshop when we're back to school.  This post has some of my favorite mentor texts that I like to use for teaching different mini lessons.  

And this post has some great freebies from TpT for primary writing.

Angela Watson from The Cornerstone had a great suggestion to help when students answer, "I don't know."  Her idea is to respond with , "If you did know, what would you say?"  Or, "What would be your best guess if you did know?" "You can read her article here.

Responding with that answer takes the pressure off the student to have to have the "right" answer, and allows the student to respond with what he/she was thinking- which often times is the right answer or at least gets the child thinking and participating.  Participation is a great start to growing risk-takers in the classroom, and provides a lot of information about the student's thinking.

Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I teach first grade, but many of them still need these resources. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Angela Watson! That's a great way to rephrase "I don't know." It's so important to get everyone to participate!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog