Saturday, December 7, 2013

Holiday Homework Freebie




I just finished updating my Holiday Homework, and I wanted to share it with you.  We still have some time before Christmas break, so you may be able to fit in a few fun activities before then. 

I love sending home some fun, simple family activities for the children (nothing too time-consuming) this time of year.  I used to make Christmas Countdown Chains for each child, and have an activity for them to complete on each link.  Then, I would send a bag with all of the "extras" needed to complete the tasks.  For example, on the night the chain said to "Drink your cocoa while you draw a picture to show how you like to stay warm in the winter. Write a sentence to go with your picture,"  I would put a cocoa packet in the bag.  This is what I sent home when I had the children eat a special meal on their Christmas plate and then write and label the meal they ate on the paper.
Everything was just something little, like a special holiday paper plate, a holiday pencil, a highlighter, special worksheets...   The Dollar Store is the place to go for the extra goodies!
  
This year, I decided to change it up a little.  I made this Holiday Homework packet with activities in it.  I cut the activities apart, so I only send home one at a time.  I send about two a week. I attach the extra item with it, if it needs one. I tape the candy cane onto the paper for the first activity, etc.    I have found that more of the activities get done this way rather than when they were given all at once on the chain. (Even thought the chain idea was fun, too!)
I actually also think the children and the families appreciate everything more when it is sent one at a time.

Here are pictures of the pages and the different activities:
 

 

















I wanted to think of something fun to put on the children's papers when they brought them back, so  I taped  a Starburst on these cut-out stars to put on the papers.  Sometimes I tape a silly band onto their paper.  I like to put on a little something special, because I appreciate the extra help at home!  Plus... it's that time of year for something special!

Have fun!  Thank you for stopping by!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog