Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Character Education Quickies

My friend just shared this with me and I had to pass it right on because I hadn't seen it and loved it.  The story was cute- but I loved the idea with the eggs!
 
I do this with M&M's.  First the children get to choose their favorite color and eat it.  The next time, they have to close their eyes and pick an unknown color and eat it.  THEN, they have to tell me what color they ate. 

After they decided they can't tell the color- we talk about how we are all the same on the inside, like those M&M's - no matter what we look like on the outside. 
 
We model how it is NO FUN to cheat because it ruins the game. It is easy to tell the color when you open your eyes and cheat... They sort of need to be reminded of that.  After that, I didn't have anyone even try to cheat.  I learned that once the jig is up- you don't even try to pull it off.

Just wanted to share before I forgot! :)
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog